- Benefits for you or a dependent will be directly reduced by any amount payable under a government plan. If you or a dependent are entitled to benefits for the same expenses under another group plan or as both a member and dependent under this plan or as a dependent of both parents under this plan, benefits will be co-ordinated so that the total benefits from all plans will not exceed expenses.
- You and your spouse should first submit your own claims through your own group plan. Claims for dependent children should be submitted to the plan of the parent who has the earlier birth date in the calendar year (the year of birth is not considered). If you are separated or divorced, the plan which will pay benefits for your children will be determined in the following order:
- the plan of the parent with custody of the child;
- the plan of the spouse of the parent with custody of the child;
- the plan of the parent without custody of the child;
- the plan of the spouse of the parent without custody of the child
You may submit a claim to the plan of the other spouse for any amount which is not paid by the first plan.