2018 Benefit Improvements
1. Vaccines added – includes all vaccines approved by Health Canada.
2. Level 2 vision. Dependents will be provided with $100/2 years benefit.
3. Psychologists/Social Workers/Clinical Counsellors/Psychoanalysts increased from $1,000 to $1,500 (combined total). It will now include Intensive Behaviorial Intervention and Applied Behavior Analysis treatment for children on the autism spectrum disorder (must be supervised by a psychologist).
4. Continuous Glucose Monitor and Flash Glucose Monitor to be added as covered devices at $1,500/year for Type 1 diabetes only. Prior authorization by CL is required.
5. Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed and increased the Health Spending Benefit from $500 to $750 for all members with a minimum 5 years of continuous membership in good standing with either Local 667 or 669, effective December 31, 2017.
6. Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed $1,000 Health Spending Benefit for all members age 65 and over with 25 years of continuous membership in good standing with either Local 667or 669 (measured at December 31, 2017), effective April 1st following their 65th birthday.
7. Wigs maximum is increased from $600 every 5 years to $1,000 every 3 years (required as a result of cancer treatment).