2019 Benefit Improvements
1. The Short Term Disability benefit period has been extended from 15 weeks to 26 weeks.
2. Medical cannabis coverage of up to $2,500 per year has been included for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, cancer, HIV/AIDS and palliative care. In all cases, Great-West Life will determine if you qualify based on diagnosis and will require dispensing from an authorized supplier.
3. The lifetime maximum benefit for the inpatient/outpatient substance abuse program has been increased from $10,000 to $20,000.
4. Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed the $750 Health Spending Benefit for all members with a minimum 5 years of continuous membership in good standing with either Local 667 or 669, effective December 31, 2018.
5. Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed $1,000 Health Spending Benefit for all members age 65 and over with 25 years of continuous membership in good standing with either Local 667 or 669 (measured at December 31, 2018), effective April 1st following their 65th birthday.