2020 Benefit Improvements
- The Life Insurance benefits will double for Levels 01, 02, 03, 04, and QC Drugs.
- The mental health practitioner benefits are being expanded, improved and subsidized by the Trust. Now members and dependents in all Levels will be covered. The plan year maximum will increase from $1,500 to $2,000. The cost of providing this benefit will be paid entirely by the Trust. Psychotherapists will now be covered in provinces where they are regulated.
- The combined reimbursement for Flash Glucose Monitors and Continuous Glucose Monitors will increase from $1,500 to $3,000 per plan year.
- Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed the $750 Health Spending Benefit for all members with a minimum 5 years of continuous membership in good standing with either IATSE Local 667 or Local 669, effective December 31, 2019.
- Based on an annual review, the Trustees renewed $1,000 Health Spending Benefit for all members age 65 and over with 25 years of continuous membership in good standing with either Local 667 or 669 (measured at December 31, 2019), effective April 1st following their 65th birthday.